The excellent mechanical performance of the PEEK makes the parts designed with less weight, durability and strength. Thus PEEK is an alternative solution for metals in severe conditions. The thermal performance of PEEK, as well as its abrasion and chemical resistance, ensures longer life and integrity of components in harsh environments.
The PEEK has good resistance to beta and X-rays as well as gamma rays (over 1000 billion without loss of mechanical properties). It is a strong candidate for medical programs due to its compatibility features (USP Class VI). This makes the PEEK ideal for use in many applications in the chemical, electrical and electronics, petrochemical, automotive, mechanical, medical, aerospace, semiconductor and food industries.
This material is very resistant to thermal attenuation as well as attack to organic and aquatic environments.
- Heat resistance from -200°C to +260°C and in a short time at a temperature of +315°C
- High mechanical strength
- Dielectric properties
- Very hard and flexible
- Excellent size maintenance after machining
- Resistance to all chemical and radioactive agents
- High abrasion resistance
- Dimensional stability at high temperatures
- Very high cost and price
- Its load bearing capacity decreases at temperatures above 140°C.
- No U.V. stabilizer
- Used in high and low thermal pressures caused by gears and plants as well as the aerospace industry.
- Physiologically, if it is normal, its proximity to food products is unobstructed.
PEEK is supplied in the form of SHEETS and RODS in different dimensions and sizes.